BALTIMORE  (WJZ) — A family of six has been displaced after a townhouse fire in Laurel.

The fire started around 4 a.m. Wednesday in the 7800 block of Carissa Lane.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire and keep it from impacting other neighboring town homes. Four adults and two children made it out of the home safely.

Sadly, the family did not have renter’s insurance, according to the City of Laurel. The Red Cross is assisting them, but they lost everything.

Officials say the fire may have been started by an unattended candle.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook