When traditional treatments or cures are no longer effective or desirable, VITAS provides hospice care for your patients at home, wherever they call home.
Multiple levels of care relieve you and your staff of the challenges of end-of-life symptoms, constantly changing patient needs, after-hours calls and crises, and ED visits and hospital re-admissions. Your patient leverages the Medicare hospice benefit to receive compassionate care in a familiar place.
Phone Number- 844-657-4717
- Hospice Care in the Home, Wherever Patients Call Home: VITAS provides hospice services in a patient’s private home, nursing home or assisted living facility. See our service locations >
- Hospice Expertise and Support: A VITAS interdisciplinary team —doctor, nurse, social worker, chaplain, bereavement specialist and volunteer—handles clinical, psychosocial care and spiritual care. Patient-centered care plans are updated regularly. The patient’s primary care physician (PCP) can choose to stay involved.
- Hospice-Related Equipment, Supplies and Prescriptions: VITAS Home Medical Equipment delivers equipment and supplies (e.g., hospital bed, wheelchair, diapers, oxygen) to the patient’s home. Prescriptions are ordered via the VITAS app.
- 24/7 Patient-Centered Home Care Focused on Calm, Comfort and Quality of Life
- Regular home visits by the hospice team support the patient and the family caregiver.
- Continuous care, when medically appropriate, provides temporary 24-hour continuous care shifts (VITAS calls this service Intensive Comfort Care®) to the bedside until symptoms resolve.
- Telecare provides 24/7 access to a patient care expert who can answer questions, solve crises or dispatch an on-call hospice runner to the home. The goal: avoid costly hospital re-admissions and unnecessary emergency department visits.
When home care isn’t enough, inpatient care is available to control symptoms and crises, or to provide family caregivers up to 5 days of respite care.